Drill Control is a powerful application based on AutoCAD Civil 3D that supports the entire Horizontal Directional Drilling process: Engineering, Operation and Delivery.
Drill Control is the ultimate solution for contractors, engineering offices and utilities dealing with horizontal directional drilling and comes in two modules: Design and Operations.
Drill Control provides automatic calculation of the optimal vertical and horizontal drilling path, fully automatic sizing, creation of As-built drawings by importing operational output data … and much more!
Advantages of Drill Control: – Creation and editing of design drawings up to 90% faster
– Design parameter report for use in stress analysis software
– Sizing up to 95% faster
– Fully optimized preparation of your Drilling, ruling out potential problems during Drilling Operations as much as possible
– Up to 90% faster creation of on-site drawings
– Quick response times to (potential) customers
– High and consistent quality professional drawings, resulting in a solid company image and increased ordering potential.
Design module – Highlights: Uses- Efficient parametric design of a horizontal directional bore
- Automatic calculation and generation of a realistic perforation line with vertical and horizontal direction
- Smart link between topology and multiple cross section views
- Quick and easy modification of planned holes
- Full report of drill path dimensions, curvature, and soil loading for input into stress analysis software
- Automatic generation of dimension pattern in cross section views with respect to Entry Point, Reference Point, Water Level, Ground Surface, etc.
Operations module – Highlights: – Bidirectional interface between AutoCAD and the electronic guidance system
- Bidirectional interface between AutoCAD and Excel Drill Report
Premium drill is an industrial tubular used for drilling into the ground. There are three major companies that use this type of pipe. The most frequent application of this type of tubular is in the oil and gas industry. Another industry that uses this drilling tube is the underground construction industry, or more precisely, the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. And finally, the commercial water well drilling company also uses this cylindrical product.
The oil and gas industry is where premium pipes are used the most. Each 31-foot proportion of premium drill pipe is bolted one at a time, and together they are known as the chain. Collars and heavy cylinders are also elements of the rope. At the bottom level of the string is the bit, which does the precise drilling into the ground.
Initially, all the oilfield drill pipe is drilled vertically into the land by the drilling rig. Then, depending on the proposed position and orientation of the oil well, the drilling direction sometimes changes to horizontal. Compared to other industries that use this tubular product, oilfield tubing is produced to withstand the toughest working conditions. This is mainly due to the extreme depths in which it is used and the extreme conditions of the earth at those depths. For example, some string lengths exceed 30,000 feet.